Find tour dates and live music events for all your favorite bands and artists in your city! Get concert tickets, news and more!

Yourope Festival Survey Shows Crowds Dominantly Female
By Bernard Bodo, EXIT photo team (Exit Festival's Flickr photostream) [CC BY-SA 3.0 or CC BY-SA 3.0 ], via Wikimedia Commons

Yourope Festival Survey Shows Crowds Dominantly Female

690 0

EUROPE (CelebrityAccess) Music festival association Yourope has released a comprehensive study of festivals and attendees for the latter part of 2018 throughout Europe.

Yourope, founded in 1998, represents nearly 100 live events and associated members in 26 European countries. The survey recognizes that, as recorded music income has declined sine 1997, live music has thrived with women patrons providing much of the festival money.

Since the beginning of the ’90s the number of festivals organized within Yourope has increased significantly, underlining that festivals as a live entertainment format have become more popular.  The number of festivals that go on in June is 24 percent, in July it is 29 percent and in August it is 33 percent. The duration is typically 2-3 days and most patrons use campground and hotels for accommodations.

The main age group is 25 to 30 years old at nearly 50 percent with 18 to 24 year olds at 25 percent for a combined total of more than 70 percent. Only 25 percent of festivals have more male visitors with female visitors the overwhelming customer base at 50 percent of the festivals.

Germany tends to promote its festivals internationally more than any other country

According to submitted data, 53 percent of those festivals that took part in this survey are receiving subsidies or public funding. The other 47 percent apparently do not benefit from public funding,

The full survey is available here.

Join CelebrityAccess Now