LAS VEGAS, (CelebrityAccess) — The Personal Managers Hall of Fame announced the class of inductees for 2019, with managers Dee Anthony, Marion Rosenberg and George Greif topping the list.
Sponsored by National Conference of Personal Managers (NCOPM), the 2019 induction ceremony will take place during the National Conference of Personal Managers at the Downtown Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas on May 9th.
Nominations are solicited nationwide from the management community and the inductees are selected by the National Board of Officers of the National Conference of Personal Managers.
The class of 2019 will join the hall’s current list of 42 members, which includes industry legends such as Sid Bernstein, Bernie Brillstein, Brian Epstein, Ken Kragen, Doc McGhee, Patricia McQueeney, Dolores Robinson, Jack Rollins, and David Sonenberg among others.
“The Personal Managers Hall of Fame celebrates illustrious careers in entertainment, music, sports and talent management,” said NCOPM National President Clinton Ford Billups Jr. “The 2019 inductees reflect the contributions, ethics, and history of personal management that the Hall of Fame acknowledges and honors.”
The Hall of Fame inductees for 2019 include:
• Dee Anthony (1926-2009) was a longtime NCOPM member who managed Tony Bennett for more than a decade and whose clients also included Peter Allen, Joe Cocker, Devo, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Peter Frampton, Jethro Tull, and Gary Wright.
• George Greif (1923-2007) was an NCOPM founding member who managed Diahann Carroll, Bill Dana, Billy Eckstine, Tony Franciosa, Gogi Grant, Rhonda Fleming, Tina Louise, The New Christy Minstrels, Anthony Quinn, and Frankie Vaughan.
• Jano Herbosch is an NCOPM Emeritus Member who managed film, TV and theatre actors, served 22 years with the Drama League (including President and Board Member) and was the business partner of the late Spanish fashion designer Fernando Sanchez.
• David Miner is a talent manager and television producer on 30 Rock, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and other series. His clients are all comedy writers, such as Peter Murrieta and Michael Schur, with many also working on-camera, including Aziz Ansari, Tina Fey, Jeff Garlin and Larry Wilmore.
• Irene M. Pinn (1914-2006) was a television producer and the longtime personal manager for Lily Tomlin. She was the recipient of two Emmy Awards and was the first woman to receive a Grammy Award for producing a comedy album.
• Sherry Robb manages actors and writers and is credited with 11 New York Times Bestsellers. Her expertise as a film producer is adaptations/book rights. A women’s right activist with a Smith College MSW, she survived a decade-long battle with heart disease.
• Marion Rosenberg, O.B.E. is a personal manager and film producer, whose clients include Claire Bloom, Jeroen Krabbé, Piper Laurie and Paul Verhoeven. She co-founded the LA branch of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA-LA).
• Bill Stankey is a personal manager of television celebrities, whose clients have included Ty Pennington, Joanna and Chip Gaines, Joy Behar, Dr. Marty Becker, Jillian Harris, Dr. Logan Levkoff, Frank Fritz and Mike Wolfe and Leanne and Steven Ford.