LONDON (Hypebot) –
Move over Sellaband and Slicethepie. New UK based Pledge Music has launched the latest platform to help artists raise cash for a new recording project from fans. There's not much new in the Pledge pitch except a nice option to donate a portion of the proceeds to charity. The particulars:
1. The fan is only charged once the pledge target is reached.
2. Pledge takes a 15% commission of funds raised.
3. Artist retains 100% of their rights.
4. Artist chooses where to record and with whom
5. Artist can opt in to making a charitable donation.
6. Pledge recommends third party services to help complete the release process.
7. The second time you use Pledge our fee reduces to only 10%, provided your first project was successful.
What services have you used to or are thinking about using to fund a recording project?