LOS ANGELES (AP) — Disney’s Captain America and The Jungle Book continue to be at the top of the box for the second week in a row. Look out Disney because those Angry Birds are flying to America next week. It is to be seen if they can fly over and above these two movies.
comScore's Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, "Disney's latest Marvel superhero extravaganza 'Captain America: Civil War' absolutely crushes the global box office this weekend and in the process surpasses the $940 million mark and thus assures its eventual place in the $1 billion club. Notably, Sony's 'The Angry Birds Movie' has a spectacularly angry $43 million international opening ahead of its U.S. debut later this week."
Top ten domestic scores:
1. Captain America: Civil War – Disney – $72.6M
2. The Jungle Book – Disney – $17.8M
3. Money Monster – Sony – $15.0M
4. The Darkness – High Top Releasing – $5.2M
5. Mother's Day – Open Road – $3.3M
6. Zootopia – Disney – $2.8M
7. The Huntsman: Winter's War – Universal – $2.6M
8. Keanu – Warner Bros. – $1.9M
9. Barbershop: The Next Cut – Warner Bros. – $1.7M
10. The Boss – Universal – $1.2M